Sister Emily DeFord

Called to serve as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Fort Collins mission.

Printfriendly

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week 42: 6/2/14

June 2, 2014
Cheyenne, WY (and Wheatland and Chugwater)
 
Funny thing about getting behind.  I have spent most of my time on the computer this week in catching up and writing a lengthy email to my mission president to report on exchanges over the past two weeks because I didn't get to write to him last week either due to above mentioned exchanges.  As well as talking to my mom which makes me happy.  (Editor's note to anyone concerned that Emily might be breaking the rules:-0  we were not "talking", we were emailing back and forth) And writing a good length email to Elder Oldham who had nothing to respond to from last week!  Plus I was lucky enough to get emails from both of my older brothers in the past two weeks and lots of baby pictures and dad emails, so now, finally, I am letting the rest of you know that I am still alive!  I know you were wondering.  My companion is also still alive, though we had an ER visit last week because of some allergy issues which ended my first ever exchange early, but everyone is okay from.  My second exchange was on Tuesday and the complicated switcheroo-ing of exchanges got me out of both email and district meeting for the week.  Everyone else was able to have at least one of each of those however, so I am happy to be the one to miss. 
 
Fun facts about Wheatland and Chugwater from exchanges there:
Wheatland is in the Guiness book of world records for having the most churches per capita.  It also has the most bard per capita.
 
Chugwater (a town of 200 people) got its name from the sound a buffalo makes when it falls off a cliff into a river.  The Indians who used to live there apparently didn't have things to hunt the buffaloes with, so they would chase them off a cliff.  Or so I hear.
 
Fun facts about doing exchanges with the Capital Hill sisters: it is absolutely impossible, despite my best efforts, to have an exchange actually last for 24 hours.  We did get close on our last one though.  At least I know the Lord blesses us as we strive to be obedient!
 
I am really going to have to do some pictures and stuff soon!  But speaking of striving for obedience, I have to send this and be off to not go over my computer time!
 
I love you and have a good week and TMFWD is going to be black!
 
love, Sister Emily DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment