Sister Emily DeFord

Called to serve as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Fort Collins mission.

Printfriendly

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 18: 12/16/13



December 16, 2013
Longmont, CO

A funny thing about the post office.  It is one of those places that gets really quiet and then you feel like you have to whisper because no one else is talking.  Which doesn't really fly for missionaries, especially ones who have recently decided to do their best to talk to people and be good missionaries even at the post office on their p-days.

So...it was really fun because last night we had an Interfaith Christmas Choir Concert at the stake center with choirs from the Methodist and 2nd Baptist churches. AND then lady who happened to be behind us in line at the post office was the director from the Baptist choir!  That was fun to talk to her.  Plus, I found out what everyone within 5 people of us was mailing (sadly, very few Christmas packages) and told one man that another one could teach him how to play the ukulele, as well as running through the 12 days of Christmas (but starting from 9 because that is how many days left!).  At least it was fun and we all smiled a lot :) Definitely a good way to start the week!

And...we are always told to have a pen and paper out during meetings and while studying so we can be prepared so the Spirit will be more likely to teach us right?  It shows our 'real intent' I guess.  Well, after the adventure at the post office we were strolling Main Street (I love to see all of the old buildings still up, and it is very Christmas-y there) and ran into one of our miraculous letdowns! (Remember those?  I think that was pre-Weekly Reports)  And she told us to stop by!  See, 'real intent' leads to good things!

In other news, I am sure some of you are wondering about transfers.  Well, before we get into that, let's review some mission phraseology.  I was 'born' in Longmont and Sister Z is my 'mom' because she trained me.  Similarly, when someone goes home, they 'die' (but no one dies in this story).  Okay, now follow: my momma is leaving me to go up to the Cheyenne East zone and apparently Heather isn't the only one who should have been sending pregnant pictures because both Sister Z and I are having babies tomorrow!

We are going to have so much fun doing hard work!

Let's see, anything else notable about the week?  Missions are awesome.  Oh, another funny thing.  Famous last words.  Remember how last week I said I wasn't sick?  Well I wasn't.  This week I got to be sick. :P But it only took me out for about half a day.  Cause that's what we do ;) We did have to cancel an appointment that I was really excited about which was a bummer but we will reschedule!  We are good at that :) And we got to feed horses for some of the other Sisters who were sick-sick.  Tis the season.  But the horses were fun :)

9 ladies dancing!  Have a good week :)

love, Sister Emily DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment