Sister Emily DeFord

Called to serve as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Fort Collins mission.

Printfriendly

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 24: 1/27/14



January 27, 2014
Longmont, CO

A funny thing about Colorado.  We have all of the seasons in one week.  So while there are days when we are sad that no one is conveniently out of their houses for us to talk to as we go, there are also June days when everyone is out and you wouldn't be called crazy for wearing shorts (or maybe a skirt...) and this all happens in January.  Apparently there is no such thing as certain clothes being out of season in Colorado.

Some fun quotes for the week:
"I am out all night.  Out cold.  Sleeping." -Sister Carbno.  We do love our sleep!

"Hurry up and wait is the way life goes, so you bake while you wait" -Paula.  Seems like sound advice to me :)

"It's amazing what I just find when I'm just looking!" -Sister Young, in Relief Society talking about shopping but I think this has gospel applications.  (Also did I ever mention that the Dillard's here is closing so they were having splendid sales?)

We had a difficult time with appointments falling through this week (meaning most of them did) but that is okay because that injects more time for us to go out and talk to more people!  So it has been a good time to work on little goals and being brave ;)  I am still looking forward to the time when I will get to try out a certain contacting idea which none of my companions seem to be fans of.

Longmont has several train tracks go through it.  One set of tracks on which trains pass many times a day goes right through our area.  They cross all of the east-west roads.  (Also, it is rather inconvenient when you are trying to get somewhere but your car happens to be on the other side of the tracks).  So a lot of people and cars are stopped to wait by said tracks multiple times a day.  Perfect.  Captive audience ;)

I will let you know how it goes if I ever get to try it!

I love you and miss you and am looking forward to hearing about baby Eden!

love, Sister Emily DeFord


No comments:

Post a Comment