Sister Emily DeFord

Called to serve as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Fort Collins mission.

Printfriendly

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 30: 3/10/14



March 10, 2014
Longmont, CO

Funny thing about vodka.  Ah-ha!  Got your attention :) Really I should have said, the funny thing about being a missionary where you search outside the 'Mormon bubble' is you learn the funniest things.  In this week we were instructed by two different people on how to mix certain alcoholic beverages.  One of them led to a wonderful conversation about the Word of Wisdom and why it is that I will probably never use that recipe.  Though I have been told that vodka (if you get the good kind, several brands were also thrown around during this time) doesn't taste like anything, so the mix of juices without that would probably be pretty good!

I am loving being a walking missionary!

Seriously.

Let President Brown know that I am totally cool with doing this.

Though I might deny that statement if I was in Wyoming in the wintertime...

And a car is convenient sometimes, but then we can get a ride right?  In other times, it somehow helps us to get a lot done by walking.  Or maybe these are just blessings for going out and working hard.  Or maybe it is just the time for these people.  Whatever the purpose, I love it and am amazed and excited by all that is going on!

I hear that mom and dad and I were blessed to be speaking on the same day :) For me, this was basically the best Sunday ever!  B came to church for the second week in a row to hear us speak, and J came for the first time!

The light and the joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ is real.  It softens hearts and lightens loads while adding joy to life in a way that is indescribable.  Heavenly Father loves each of His children and is aware of us and our needs, and we are blessed to also have the opportunity to serve each other.

This work is unstoppable.

Every member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can proclaim, with Mormon "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

love, Sister Emily DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment