Sister Emily DeFord

Called to serve as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Colorado Fort Collins mission.

Printfriendly

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 23: 1/20/14



January 20, 2014
Longmont, CO

Sorry for the no real letter last week.  There were just so many pictures :) I will work on spacing them out better.

So this week (just yesterday actually) I finished reading the Book of Mormon.  At the end of the Book of Mormon (and in the beginning and everywhere inbetween, but I will get to that in a minute) there is an invitation extended by the last prophet-historian of the Nephite nation.  Which is to read the book, and when one has done so to ask God, our Eternal Father and the source of all truth, if the book is in fact true.  This is something which I have read many times and an invitation which I have reiterated.  In the Introduction to the Book of Mormon "all men everywhere" are invited to read it, ponder its message, and ask God for the truth.

But how does that answer come?  It is different for everyone, because we are all individuals and our Heavenly Father knows us so well that He can answer our questions in an individual way.  My testimony of the Book of Mormon is what I will call an along-the-way testimony.  That is why I continue to study this book which I have read many times, because along the way it does speak to me, I do get what I need in the way of personal revelation and testimony and feeling the love of my Heavenly Father.  The part of the Book of Mormon which is the most applicable to my life is always whichever part I have studied most recently! 

That is how I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  It is a book from God, written and translated by the spirit of revelation, and when this same spirit is sought while reading all the questions of life and of the soul can be answered by the study of this one book.

That is a promise which I echo from the authors of the Book of Mormon.  Read it and you will know the truth.

love, Sister Emily DeFord

p.s. on a lighter note.  Please enjoy these pictures which I pulled off the video of Hermana Seaborn and I eating very very hot jalapeno peppers :) and crying. And laughing.  ILY!

FHE with The Atkinson Family








No comments:

Post a Comment